Sicily in all its splendor (CT01)
Catania and Taormina tour
Duration: 12 hours
- Pick up 7.30am in the lobby of your Hotel in Catania. The driver guide will have a sign with your name on it
- This charming city is known for its seismic history, having been destroyed by a catastrophic
- earthquake in 1169, in 1693, and several volcanic eruptions from the neighboring
- Mount Etna volcano, the most violent of which was in 1669. Catania has had a long and eventful history, having been founded in the 8th century BC. Gateway of the MegaloHellas ,the greater Greece, has built its own history absorbing the influences of the Byzantine and Christian cultures.In 1434, it witnessed the
- Back to your hotel by 7.30 pm
opening of the first university in Sicily. Then in the 14th century and into the Renaissance period, Catania was one of Italy s most important and flourishing cultural, artistic, and political centers. The first surgical techniques manual were studied here, promoted by the Branca Family in the 1500.
Since the end of 19th century, Taormina has become a world famous international resort whose visitors are, time after time, captured by its charming atmosphere, its natural unspoilt beauty, its all year round mild climate, its preservation of local culture, ancient history and its perfect modern organization.